Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wacky Fashion Wednesday


Today is the day!
It's WACKY FASHION WEDNESDAY!
In case you're new to this craziness, WFW is where I recreate terrible runway fashions made entirely from items found in my home.
Today's runway look is:
"Ski Vacation Sunburn"
You packed your gloves. You packed your hat. Your skis are ready, but... you forgot the sunscreen?
I kind of had to cheat on this one! The shirt and sweater that I am wearing are stark white but they came out yellow in the photos. No amount of color editing would fix it, so I used a "smile whitening" tool to make them white again. I'm so clever.
There almost wasn't a WFW this week again. I just came home from a lending my Renaissance persona to an event called "Mother Son Date Knight" at Chick-Fil-A this evening and I am pooped! All I had to do was stand around and look pretty but I was just plain exhausted after doing that for nearly four hours in layers of brocade, pearls and crinoline. 

Makeup
LA Colors lipstick in "Retro Red"
Under shirt
"Under armor" atheletic shirt. Found.
Sweater
Borrowed from mom for my wedding reception, never returned.
I actually like what the model is wearing in the photo above. I think the outfit is pretty cool. I'm not sure if I would wear it myself, but I definitely wouldn't frown upon anyone rocking this ensemble. I might take a double take at someone with lipstick completely coating their face though- but, hey, if that's what makes them happy....
I, however, wasn't too happy with the lipstick all over my face. I mean, it was a blast putting it on (like playing sloppy dress-up with mommy's makeup) but after just a few minutes my pores began to scream bloody murder. As you can see in the photo above, that's not the shine of the lipstick, that's sweat!
Oh, the price you have to pay to be a freak. :Sigh: I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Puting my warpaint on!

What monstrosity of a catwalk design will I recreate next week? Stay tuned to see!
**********
Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin!

8 comments:

  1. HELLO! Genius strikes your household yet again. Your dental whitening idea really worked! Everything is just right. I almost kind of maybe like her white outfit, I think. But most of her impact comes from the lipstick slathered all over her face. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I love the red lipstick on you.

    You must have looked a gorgeous sight in your renaissance outfit. Would love to see a picture of you wearing it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My skin's itching just at the thought of covering my face with lippie! The things you do for your beloved readers, eh? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hollie, the effect is magnificent but I can only imaging the itchiness that you felt!
    I do agree with you that the outfit is cool on its own; I don't get the makeup.
    Check my blog, I gave a well deserve blogger award.
    Besitos,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally crazy. I think you did a great recreation though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness - This is hilarious, LOVE It! - you've really nailed that runway look to a T! Gotta say, you are one brave gal for putting that lipstick on your face to recreate the look. I would fear I would have the hardest time getting it off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hollie, you are a kick. Get some aloe vera for that lipstick tan, stat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahahahah, you're hilarious! Love the Sunny D face, what's next for WFW?!

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...