Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

the responsibility of shoes

Sunday I had an incredible urge to deep clean my office/nursery again. I'm just not satisfied with how it looks. I want it to look like the offices I see on Pinterest. You know with the cubbies and shelves and filing cabinets with chalkboard paint... pppsshhhh... not really- that's too much work. But I so want structure and organization. I want a place for everything- everything in its place.
Moving on... um... this is what happened when I finally brushed out my hair after a week of complete neglect. I kinda like it. You think I could rock this look for real? Why was I neglecting my hair? I dunno. I didn't feel like dealing with it. 
I can be really lazy sometimes.
I scored four pairs of shoes today from my mom's closet (plus a $5 pair from storenvy.com). But before I show you the goods, I must express what's been on my mind lately.
I really hate it when people don't take responsibility for their own actions. Seeing someone blame someone or something else for their mistakes pisses me off more than I can express...
But sometimes watching this happen can be quite entertaining- in the right situation of course. 
Lemme explain with a few stories in between shoes.
 A 32 year old man in Brazil successfully sued a McDonald's and won $17,500 because he gained 65lbs while working there over the course of 12 years.
In 2011 290lbs man sued a burger chain because their chairs were "too small" to fit his fat derriere. 

In 1991 a man sued Anheiser-Busch for $10,000 for false advertising. He claimed to suffer from emotional distress because when he drank beer, he didn't have any luck with the ladies, as promised in the TV ads.
In 1996 a physical therapist sued his local strip club claiming whiplash from a lap dancer's large breasts. The man felt he suffered physical harm and mental anguish from the boobies. 
(He claimed they felt like "cement blocks" hitting him)
Take responsibility for your own actions- especially your mistakes. Blaming other people for your injuries, shortcomings and even your fat ass will get you nowhere..
well, maybe a few thousand dollars but- you know what I mean...
*********
River approves this message.

9 comments:

  1. love the shoes! see my current blog post! i have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Congrats!!! http://myeloquentrambles.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award-3-and-ultimate-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same leopard print boots, I swear! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is hard. And sometimes those stories about lawsuits have additional dimension to them. Law isn't common sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me with those leopard print boots!!! WANT!!! Those lawsuits sound like BS to me, too. I LOVE the big hair!! Sometimes I braid mine and let it frizz out to try to make it as big as I can get it. I have fine limp hair. Sucks.
    Becky :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! Leopard boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yum!!!
    Missed you!
    big hugs
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you on people taking responsibilities for their actions and stop passing on the blame.
    Great shoe collections!
    I like the hair photos, it look like me after sleeping late on Sunday morning.
    Baby River is gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. About the office.. You have A LOT of stuff lol. Love your new shoes :)
    & I def know about neglecting your hair.. Mine is sitting on top of my head in a nappy afro puff lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just been catching up on reading your posts - your blog makes me smile! Thank you !! Looks like I am not the only one seriously lusting after those leopard boots. The shoes with flowers down the front are so elegant. I think you have beautiful feet. I think people not taking responsibility for their actions is a symptom of modern society, its easier to blame someone else, and its acceptable to do so. River is so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha those lawsuite are pretty funny but the "cement boobies" one might be the best... i def agree about taking responsibility for ourselves. although i actually can justify the first one because when I worked at a fast food joint in HS they actually stopped allowing us to bring in sandwiches for health regulations so the only choice for lunch/dinner w/ such short breaks was there & i gained 10 lbs in just a summer actually... bleh. anywya, you have super fun hair, wish mine could do that!
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...