Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Business Carnival

The husband and I met up with a potential sound guy for our Renaissance Faire last night. The place of meeting was the Four States Fair. I couldn't ask for a better meeting place. I forgot how much I love carnivals. The lights, the sounds, the smells! Well, this is Texarkana so the sounds were mainly poorly covered country rock songs and the smells were a disturbingly pleasant mixture of cotton candy and horse manure. But it was nice to get out, walk around and stuff myself on under-cooked corndogs and mushy fried fruit pies. Being pregnant at a carnival I was for sure I was going to want a funnel cake or two... or three... but I didn't want one! Funnels cakes are my favorite food EVER (second to sushi). How could this happen to me? Maybe my appetite had been ruined by the mediocre appetizers I had consumed previously....
The sound guy was working the sound for the live bands at the carnival so we actually had a little time to wander about while we waited on the longest set on earth to end. I've been to this carnival before (mostly to work the booth for our local pregnancy center) but this was the first time I actually got to go into the area with the rides and colorful lighted things. Giddy, giddy, giddy!
Because of the incessant rain lately, there was a wee bit of mud to battle at the entrance. I took dainty steps over a sloppy pit I saw ahead but I failed to warn my husband about it and he got taken in ankle deep. Hee hee!
In the end, we didn't get the sound guy. We couldn't offer him the kind of pay he really deserves but I know we'll find someone soon! Well, we have to... the faire is in 16 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...